Relieving occasional constipation. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Glycerin Suppositories are a hyperosmotic laxative. It works by irritating the lining of the intestine and increasing the amount of fluid, making it easier for stools to pass.
Do NOT use Glycerin Suppositories if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Glycerin Suppositories
- you have a blockage in your digestive system
- you have undiagnosed abdominal pain
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Glycerin Suppositories:
Some medical conditions may interact with Glycerin Suppositories. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if have appendicitis or rectal bleeding
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Glycerin Suppositories. However, no specific interactions with Glycerin Suppositories are known at this time.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Glycerin Suppositories may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.